Tuesday, July 22, 2014

5 things on our anniversary

 wedding day

 Derby Day

 Posh & Becks

 Aggie sports



 Buffett concert

Today is our 8 year wedding anniversary.  I actually had to look that up, as neither of us can ever remember how long we have been married.  And that doesn't bother me at all, we are fairly unemotional in general, and enjoy a nice, simple, comfortable life together.  No need for a trip or candlelight dinners over here.  But in honor of the day, I thought I would share a little bit about us:

1.  How long have you been together? How did you meet?

We met on NYE at a bar in Dallas as it was turning 2003.  We were both there with friends that knew each other, but we had never met.  Although we talked that night and were both interested in each other, nothing really came of it until the night of my birthday a few weeks later.

2.  How did he propose?

We had a nice weekend just the two of us in Galveston in December.  We did some Christmas shopping, had a great meal and returned to the condo.  B asked me to go on a romantic walk on the beach, but I was so full from dinner that I put on sweats and showed him my food baby instead.  He had no choice but to propose right there on the couch in the condo.  It was just the two of us, and very fitting for our low-key relationship.

3.  What was your wedding like?

We planned our wedding in just 7 months and it was wonderful.  Pre-pinterest days, it was really pretty stress-free to plan.  It was full of friends, family, good food and drinks.  My Mom helped with the planning and there was never any drama.  We honeymooned in St. Lucia, returned to Houston, packed our stuff, and moved to Austin where B was going to be working.

4.  What do you love to do together?

We may sound boring, but we love to cook out, make cocktails, entertain friends at home, and on occasion, travel within the United States.  We both work quite a bit, and enjoy family time during our free time.

5.  What's your favorite thing about him?

There are so many things that I like about B.  I always joke that I love him because he doesn't gamble, go to the strip club or play video games.  I mean, what more could you ask for?  But really, he is the most dependable, hard working man I know.  I never wonder about him, I know he always has me and H as his priority.  I trust him completely.  He is constantly doing things to make our life together easier and better.  He may not be the most emotional person, or romantic, but he is always there for me and that matters more to me that presents or date nights.

He also supports me in everything I do.  He may have had visions of a SAHM type when he was growing up, but he knows my career is important to me.  So he helps me and is there to do 50% of the work and 50% of the parenting.

What is his favorite thing about you?

I asked B for his favorite appropriate-to-share-on-the-blog thing about me.  He said my ability to get shit done.  He is not a man of many words, so that is all I got out of him.  But I agree, I get shit done.  At work, at home, I am organized and you can count on my to do whatever needs to be done.

No comments: