Monday, April 28, 2014

Conversations with H

pointing to a little boy at gymnastics and his shoes
H: Mom, what are those?
Me:  Those are his shoes.  They're called Crocs
H:  Those are NOT shoes, Mom.

Agreed, Hadley.  Agreed.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All weekend she referred to my Mom as kitty, me as Puppy, and her dad as Neko (my parents cat).  When The Husband went to get her from her nap, she greeted him with, "Hi, Neko".  She did not miss a beat, and referred to us as this all weekend.  It was too funny.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

And on another note, it has been brought to my attention by several friends that my life with H as portrayed on the blog can come off as a little too perfect.  While I will say we have been very fortunate to have a good sleeper, a good eater, and a generally well behaved little girl, she does have her moments.

She absolutely hates getting dressed for school most mornings.  So last  week after 15+ minutes of battling her to put clothes on, I threatened to put her in her car seat naked.  To which she said, "no!"

And what did I do?  Strap her a$$ into her seat naked.  She asked for her clothes as we were pulling out of the driveway.  I unbuckled her and dressed her on the driveway in the front yard.

So there, see, not perfect :)

No comments: