Thursday, November 6, 2014

Operation Self Care.....Don't get old and fat

B and I had a long talk on the way home from CS this past weekend.  We do some of our best talking in the car.  We don't listen to the radio, we mostly just talk about all the things going on that we never have time to sit and have a real focused conversation about.  H will sleep or watch movies and is a really good car rider, so we have time to chat and get things accomplished.


One of the things we talked about was aging and general appearance/body maintenance.  We both try to take pretty good care of ourselves.  We use face products, wear sunscreen, eat healthy 80% of the time.  But eventually that alone is not going to be enough.  I don't think I will deal with the aging process well - I am kind of vain.  So I am taking some active steps towards caring for myself.  My twenties were all about career and marriage, the last 3 years have been all about H and being the best mom I can be.  I feel like I am in a good place with life and family and career so I am going to focus on me for the next little bit.  Hopefully without dropping the ball on those other areas.


First up, teeth.  I don't have yellow teeth but they aren't super white.  So I am starting a round of Crest Ultra strips and will report back with results.


Second up, face.  I signed up for a monthly facial/massage program at a spa super close to the house.  They have extended hours, and if I don't use something that month I can pass it along to Blake.  My plan is do do a facial every quarter, get 4 massages a year and pass the other along to B.  Because a guys gotta maintain as well!


Last on the list, body.  If you know me or ever read my blog you know I don't work out.  Never really have, don't enjoy it AT ALL.  But diet alone has not been enough lately to maintain my weight, and I am a few pounds more than I would like to be.  And gravity is going to start to pull things down quickly, so I am going to start working out.  My plan is to do the Beachbody T25 work out.  25 minutes a day, 5 days a week.  B even offered to do the dishes at night so I can concentrate on my workout.  8:30 PM is not exactly the prime time for me to work out, but it is the only time I have.  So I am going to commit to it for 70 days and see if I look better and feel better about myself.  Not that I feel bad, I just don't feel great.


So folks, that is my plan.  I am not really that great at sticking to anything, but I am going to try my best this time and will report back on my progress.  Before and after bikini photos not included.

No comments: