Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nautical Nursery


I just love this nursery from Pottery Barn. The painted wave wall treatment is just enough theme without being too over the top. Plus, the wave can easily be a part of a "surfer theme" for when your little man grows up a bit. I have really been loving the surfer theme lately.....more ideas on that to come......

A Nautical theme is easy to achieve with a color palette of white, navy, baby blue and a touch of red. Again, the "grown up" section of a home decor store is a great place to find these types of items. Here are some more nautical idea to get your creative juices flowing:




This nursery from HGTV.com is a little busy for my taste but I do LOVE the compass design on the ceiling.


This window valance is also adorable! There is this great vintage shop in Galveston that I have been too that carries vintage nautical items.....I can just picture a cool wooden wharf sign on the wall with this theme......

No comments: