Monday, December 29, 2014

Round Up of Forward Facing Bookshelves

My favorite corner of H's room is her book nook.  I loved reading as a kid, and still do when I have time.  So fostering a love of reading in her was important to me.  We read at least three books every night in our glider, and thanks to her former-english-teacher grandma, we have a ton of books.

When we were designing her room, I knew I wanted forward facing shelves.  But most of the ones I found were a little too expensive, or not the right size for our small corner.  I found a tutorial online and my Dad built her three shelves that we hung them at a height she could reach.

We've had ours for several years, and as it goes with most things in my life, there are a lot more choice on the market now than when I was looking for them.  That always seems to happen to me, I want something, can't find it, so I settle.  Then poof, a year later it is everywhere!

Here is a round up of some of my favorite options for forward facing book displays:



 from my nursery, made using tutorial from Centsational Girl

via here and shelves from ClearDisplays.com


ikea spice rack display

No comments: