Monday, June 16, 2014

Scenes from our weekend

This weekend The Husband and I took a couple's trip to Fredericksburg, TX to do some wine tasting and tours.  We stayed at a cute little bed and breakfast booked via Absolute Charm called The Cottage on Post Oak, it was small, but relaxing and very private.  The Hubs isn't into sharing with strangers :)

A friend of ours owns a winery in Hye, TX called William Chris Vineyards and we spent the day with him at his winery.  His knowledge and passion for wine making is amazing, and we had a great time tasting, learning about the process, and visiting some of his friends' places.  And of course, we signed up for the wine club ;)

selfie before dinner on Saturday night.  Note to self, use more eyebrow pencil.  I don't pluck my brows at all, the are naturally very fine and small, so I have to fill them in.


 
While we were off drinking, this little one spent time with her Mimi and Poppy.


They surprised her with a Princess Elsa dress from the movie Frozen, and she was so excited.  They had a great time with her and after a nap on Sunday, we took her to the pool with some friends.  I always try to fit in a Sunday activity that will tire her out so she goes to bed at a decent hour and gets plenty of sleep to start school on Monday morning.  We were all worn out from a weekend of activities and I was asleep by 9:30.  Back to the grind today!

1 comment:

Lindsay N. Strickland said...

Looking up the B&B! We love F'burg. The shortbread cookies at The Pink Pig are my favorite! I hope you guys had a great time.

Also, are you on IG? I'll connect with you, if so! My username is "Stricklinds".