Friday, May 2, 2014

Confession Friday

It felt good to get a bit off my chest last week, so I thought I would try it again.  Linking up with A Blonde Ambition again.

1.  I think I have been stress shopping lately.  Summer is here (its Texas), I want new stuff, H needs new stuff, and I have been feeling kind of blah lately.  Online shopping makes it so easy to pick out something cute and get a present in the mail.  I'm not doing major damage (I am pretty thrifty by nature) but I'm sure it's going to add up!

2.  I had a girls night happy hour with a good friend on Wed, and it sure felt good.  Just what I needed, and still home in time to put H to bed.

3.  That happy hour was really needed after my Tuesday.  Let's just say H and I left gymnastics because she could not listen to me or her teacher and threw multiple crying fits at the gym.  She was sad, and I was sad for her.  Sometimes it sucks to be a disciplinarian, but I know it is what's best in the long run.

4.  I may be considering ordering myself some Kendra Scott earrings for Mother's Day.  See item #1 above.

5.  Since we are on the topic of shopping, I must confess how much I love consignment shopping.  Everything is organized by size, so I can shop all different brands of my size in one place.  Even better if the store is organized by color.  Plus, it is all so cheap!  Cheap, one stop shopping is key for this frugal thrifty Mama.  Often I look down during the day and realize that at least 1/2 of what I am wearing came from a thrift/consignment store or ebay.  I get a special high from scoring good deals!

Now, it's the freakin' weekend let's have us some fun!

No comments: