Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lunches + a Few Dinners

A post on a working moms message board I read got me thinking.  I plan on doing a post about food prep/feeding/schedule/cooking soon.  I think its interesting to get a perspective on how different people handle the task of meal prep/healthy eating.  Plus, I am nosy and I assume you are too.

Onto the last few weeks:

snap peas + dried cherries + strawberries + pizza

refried beans + orange (she loves to peel these herself) + chicken quesadilla + bunny cookies

yogurt + berries + angel hair pasta and sauce + pepperoni + string cheese (not pictured)

ravioli + turkey hot dog + grapes and raspberries with shredded coconut + orange

pizza (can you tell she often requests pizza??)+ fruit snacks + orange + snap peas

These pizzas are super easy to make - just a sandwich round, organic ragu (we always keep this around and sometimes I even mix carrot puree into it - shhhhhhh), cheese and turkey pepperoni.  Microwave for 20 seconds to melt everything.  Easy, not greasy and somewhat balanced.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

And for dinner, she usually has a deconstructed version of what we are eating.  We tend to eat things a little spicy, so I usually set aside some of the ingredients and make her a little plate before I add spice and finish everything.  Also worth noting, she likes to have a snack when she gets home from school at 5 (usually fruit or crackers and cheese) so her dinner portions are not huge.

This night we had enchiladas, but they were kind of spicy.  So she had the same beans we had + quesadilla + some chicken I cooked on Sunday + cheese + berries.


This night we had turkey tacos, but hard shell tacos are hard for her to eat.  So she had some ground turkey + black beans and corn + a few chips + strawberries.  She was not a fan of the black beans and corn, but did try it.


I love these divided plates, it helps me make sure I am putting a variety of foods and food groups into her meal.  I think they are Nuby brand?

No comments: