I know I have been absent from this blog lately. I think most of my friends understand that I am super busy with work and H, and that blogging has been totally put on the back burner. I am trying to focus more on my health, well being, family, and work-life balance.
No, nothing is wrong with my health, but I need to make sure I continue to stay healthy so that I can take care of my family and be the best Mom possible. I wish I had more time to exercise, but I just don't. So I have been trying to be more relaxed, and take a little more time for myself to reduce my stress level.
I've been thinking about things I can do to reduce my work load, and free up more time. My career tends to be fairly demanding, and its hard to cut things out in that area. So basically I sacrifice working out and me time to compensate.
I was thinking about all the things I do now that I am a mom to try to be more efficient. If I show you mine, will you show my yours? Any suggestions on things I can do/not do to make my life run more smoothly? The Husband told me that I needed to slow down and do less, and I laughed at him. What exactly does he suggest I cut out??
- Wake up earlier - 5:15 to get myself ready and beat traffic
- Switched to wearing mostly dresses to work so I have less to pick out. Totally nixed accessories. No time.
- Make a week worth of lunches for myself on Sunday so something is always packed
- Use commute time to accomplish phone calls, make appointments and catch up with friends
- Cut out working out at lunch, so I can get more done and actually leave on time
- Switched my working hours to 7:15 to 4:30 to beat traffic and have more time at night with H
- Dye my own hair (less time at the salon)
- Order more things online (less time shopping)
- Use the crock pot more
- Make a few freezer back up meals to have handy in case I don't get time to make dinner
- Prepare larger meals on Sunday so there are more left overs
- Have the maid come more often
- Delegate and utilize Husband more -My Mom is great at helping me with projects, and The Husband is also very helpful, but I just have to ask for help and remember he isn't psychic