Monday, October 22, 2012

Greek Yogurt for Babies

This is a super old picture, but you get the idea

After H tried the basic fruits and veggies, the next thing I tried with her was yogurt.  I first tried the organic baby yogurt, but after I read the ingredients and realized there was added sugar, I didn't want to feed it to her anymore.  So I started mixing my own greek yogurt for her and it is one of her all time favorites, even still.

1 individual serving plain 2% greek yogurt (I buy the Fage brand)
+
1 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
=
3 servings baby greek yogurt

Just divide the yogurt and applesauce into 3 containers, mix, and enjoy!  I add a sprinkle of cinnamon sometimes as well.

And for a fun treat, I also freeze the mixture in ice cube trays and give them to her frozen.  She holds it and munches on it till its gone.  Great when you need them occupied for 15-20 minutes while you eat dinner!

No comments: