Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Butterflies & Birds


I did this set of 3 12x12" paintings for the same friend that got the chalk board sign in the last post.  She plans on hanging them over the crib, and the silhouettes match the crib sheets, which feature butterflies, birds and dragonflies.  I love the saturated colors and the simple shapes.

This is the second negative space order I have done in the last 2 months, and I have to say, they are super simple to do.  If you aren't confident in your drawing abilities, you can just print something you like, cut it out, trace it onto the canvas and presto - instant art.  It really is easy peasy.  You should try it.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

On a personal note, I know I said I would be blogging more, but I am just not.  I don't seem to have the time - when I get home from work I want to spend all my time with my little muffin, and TV and the computer get pushed to the side.  On top of that we have been out of town a few weekends, and she currently has her 3rd ear infection, which was joined by pink eye.  Ugh.  Poor baby.

Moms who's kids have had tubes put in, how many did the dr let them get before it was an option.  Our pedi says 5, but 3 at 10.5 months sounds like a lot to me.  I am thinking about asking him to reconsider, but I don't want to go through surgery unless it is necessary.  Thoughts?

No comments: