Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cabinet Door Turned Chalkboard


I am almost ready to reveal my bathroom make over.  I still need to add some wall decor and a few accessories but I am really pleased with the way it turned out.  We ripped out the old cabinet, and my contractor probably thought I was nuts but I made him take the doors off the old cabinet so I could save them before he hauled the old one away.

I had plans for those doors.  As in this chalk board.  Yep, I sanded the door, primed it, then painted the outside with some craft paint and the inside with left over chalk board paint.  Total cost of this project = zero dollars.  I used the hinges on the door to tie a ribbon to the top for hanging.  It came with me to a baby shower this weekend and the Mom got to keep it for her nursery.

I am so happy with how it turned out!  I have one more door left so looks like somebody else will be getting this as a present....hopefully they don't read my blog and know that it was free!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!! Love the way it turned out! I wouldn't even care if it were free! :)

custom shower doors pittsburgh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

We love it and are hanging it this weekend!!!

Katie