Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Beach Baby



A few weeks ago we went to a family wedding in Port Aransas, and we stayed for 3 days with The Husband's family at a beach house we rented.  It was H's first time at the beach, and being a beach girl myself, I really wanted her to love it.

She didn't LOVE it, but she didn't hate it either, so I think it was a success.  The sand here in Texas is not all that fluffy, so she didn't really get to feel that.  And she didn't mind the water, but the waves did scare her a bit.

My beach must haves for baby include:

-Coppertone kids foam sunscreen (the foam is so easy to apply)
-stick sunscreen for the face
-a reusable swim diaper (more on that coming up this week)
-rash gaurd shirt or other tshirt to protect them from the sun
-plenty of snacks and water
-a wet bag to put all wet and sandy clothes in


I would also highly recommend renting a house over hotels rooms.  It was actually cheaper, and it gave us much more room to move around in.  Plus, it was nice to have a fridge and kitchen so that I could store and prepare food for H and for us.  We had a really good time, and I think we are going to make it an annual Summer trip.

No comments: