Monday, December 5, 2011

Real Life Room: Pink & Blue for Baby Girl



This Real Life Room belongs to a friend and client of mine.  She saw a picture on my blog several years ago, and used it as inspiration for her baby blue and coral pink room.  She quickly learned that pink and blue were difficult colors to find together in the store, so many of the elements were custom made.

Here is what she has to say about the space:

When I started to envision my daughter's nursery I wanted it to have 2 elements. I wanted it to have a very relaxing and calming feel as well as filled with personal and sentimental touches.  

I knew from the very beginning that girl or boy the nursery would be a shade of blue. The color it ended up is a custom mix from Sherwin Williams. I took in a pillow case from the Hotel Collection at Macy’s in the color “Cloud” and they matched it perfectly. I had seen an inspiration photo on your blog that showed a little girls nursery with blue walls and pops of graphic pink in different shades, so that is where my inspiration came from. I didn’t want a “theme” per se, but did want to bring in a few little owls to have in the room.

All of the fabric pieces in the room were custom made by a family friend. The main fabrics were:

Serena & Lily Aqua/Melon Mosaic (crib sheet, blanket, pleat lining in crib skirt & window valence trim)
*Aqua/Melon Mosaic no longer offered in fabric by the yard, so I ordered crib sheets and she made all the pieces from them after removing the elastic.
Serena & Lily Wren Blue (crib skirt)
Duralee Geometric Petal – (crib bumper, blanket trim & window valence)
Pottery Barn Kids Brooke Sheeting – (lamp shade & roll pillow for glider)
3” Solid Grosgrain Ribbon for crib bumper ties in Nora & Millennium Blue from RibbonRetreat.com (very affordable site for all ribbon needs)

The vinyl wall adhesive is from Etsy.com shop “Leen the Graphics Queen – Decorative Wall Decals” and features the baby’s name and little girl owl. The mobile was my DIY contribution to the room. The owls came from the Etsy.com shop Rose Cottage Boutique. Lonna the shop owner made the owls custom for my space after I sent her photos of the fabric/room.




The wall art was painted by me after my friend and I combined all our thoughts and the room colors.


love, love the crib bedding

2 comments:

Ann said...

love love - thank you :-)

Eavan said...

So, so pretty! I have website on gliders for nursery