Friday, November 11, 2011

Decor From a Big Box Store

My house is pretty much decorated, so I am not in the market for any major bedding or decor pieces at the moment.  While I was home the week before the baby came I passed the time by shopping and running errands that I didn't really need to do and I noticed that the big box stores had some really great decor options that were very modern and updated.  I wonder if they are influenced at all by the blogging community?  If you are not crafty yourself, you can find a lot of great options for bedding, pillows and curtains that are already made.  Here are a few things I spotted that I loved:

 Dwell fabric from Joann's fabric.  Such a modern print, great for a baby boy's room

 tons of bright, modern panel and valance options for a great price at Lowe's

this great mirror, also from Lowes.  The shape is great and would look amazing painted a bright accent color.



both of these bedding sets I spotted at Bed Bath and Beyond.  Where was all this cute stuff when I was registering for our wedding 5 years ago??

Moral of the post, if you have previously avoided some of the big super stores, don't be afraid to check them out again, they seem to have really stepped up their designs!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Thanks for sharing this! I love that mirror from Lowes! I buy most my stuff from big box stores, but never think to look at Lowes.

Anonymous said...

What is the name f the bird bedding from BB&B? I love it! Mpdriskell@yahoo.com....please email me!