Friday, July 15, 2011

Umbra Flowers + Canvas Art

I currently have a big blank spot above the dresser in the nursery that is pretty much waiting for a painting.  I haven't painted anything yet for the nursery and I have to be honest, I am kind of hesitant to put my own art in there.  The problem with your own art is that you always see the flaws and the things you could have/should have done differently.

But, with The Husbands urging, I am brainstorming ideas on what I want to paint for the space.  Its kind of hard because I have a very graphic accent wall, I don't want to do a huge name canvas, and we don't really have any real themes in the room.  I was a little stumped until I came across this on Centsational Girl the other day:


I have been dying to use the Umbra wall flowers somewhere in the room and it really got my creative juices flowing....and I am thinking of combine the concept of the flowers on and around the art with a painted version of this statue:

image from wikipedia

I am going to do a sketch and show it to The Husband and the parents this weekend to see what they think

No comments: