Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nursery Progress: Outlet Mall Purchases

This past weekend my Mom came to visit and we literally shopped for 10 hours on Friday and 10 hours on Saturday.  I was a marathon that include a trip to one of the largest outlets in the country, a furniture repair man, IKEA, fabric stores, registering a 3 different places, testing nursery recliner chairs and several trips to Marshall's.

First up was the San Marcus Outlet Mall, home of Pottery Barn Baby and Restoration Hardware Baby.  We stopped at Restoration first, and I feel in love with a curtain panel, but they only had 1 and I was super sad.

Then, on to Pottery Barn.  They didn't have any cribs, but I did purchase a white 7 drawer PB Teen dresser for a decent price.  After much debate, I decided that the antique white and wood crib I had originally ordered was just not white enough so I decided to go with a more true white furniture.  The dresser needs a little repair work, so I already too it to a furniture fix it guy and as soon as a can get the paint color matched, he is going to fix it up good as new.

After shopping ALL day, I had a dresser, an adorable Vera Bradley duffel back for Baby Cox's overnight trips (totally unnecessary but I had a gift card), a bunch of hostess gifts for my showers and a new bra ($12 from VS!)

At the last minute on the way out I decided to stop back into Restoration Hardware and dig through the curtains one more time to make sure there wasn't something in the wrong package that was what I was looking for.  Boy am I glad that I did!  I found the 2 pannels I needed and so much more!  This is what we came home with:

These will be the pannels for the closet turned dressing room.  They are a pale pink with ruffles along the edges.


Online right now for $49 each, I paid $14.99 each!

For the window in the room, I scored these fully blackout lined pannels in a little darker, but still matching shade of pink:


Online right now for $89 each, I paid $24.98!  These are the nicest drapes I have ever owned, much nicer than I would have been able to purchase for her at a retail store for a decent price.

I got this lamp, with a plain white shade instead - I plan on adding some trim or rolled fabric flowers:


Its on final sale online for $41, which is the same I paid.  A little pricey, but the pink matches perfectly and it saves me stress and shipping on having to find one somewhere else

Lastly, I picked up the pillow that coordinates with this set for my glider chair.  It was originally $38 and I paid $8.  It was too cute to pass up:


So pretty much everything I came home with is pink, so that means no more pink for the room!  Now I need to focus on finding a recliner/glider in the right color, a yellow pattern rug and finalize my fabrics for the bedding.

All in all, a pretty sucessful outlet trip!

No comments: