Monday, May 2, 2011

Union Jack Nursery

I know I am a few days late on this one, but the inspiration for this post hit me after reading all the news stories and seeing all the pictures of the royal wedding online.  I did not wake up at 4 to watch it (preggos gotta sleep) but I loved seeing pictures of Kate's dress and all the fabulous hats.

For those of you that have roots across the pond, or just want to incorporate a little British into your nursery decor, here are some inspiring shots for you:

Love the alternative colors used here.  This canvas would be simple and inexpensive to make by masking off sections with painters tape.

image from here

This flag rug adds a pop of color to a white room

image from here

Union jack dresser created by one of my favorites, Miss Mustard Seed.  Great way to infuse new life into a second hand dresser.

image from here

This pastel version is a little less obvious than the others, and a nice nod to your heritage

image from here

No comments: