Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Real Life Room: Modern Mountain

When I saw this Real Life Room on Spearmint Baby, I bookmarked it for my Style File. The Husband is an avid outdoors man and this room would be perfect for his dream nursery. It combines rustic with modern - something that should be hard to achieve but the DIY couple at BowerPowerBlog.com executed it perfectly!
It started with this accent wall - made from re-purposed shipping pallets!
for a step-by-step tutorial of their wood accent wall, click here
Halfway done, here it is:

And here it is with all the accessories:

So woodland chic! The white deer mount is modern without being creepy. The vintage-inspired sign above the crib is perfect! I am not sure if I have the skills or patience to create their wood accent wall but I am in love with the entire design! Thanks for letting me share!

For more about their baby journey, click here

No comments: