Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Work: Twin Monograms

Up till now, I had never done anything for a set of twins and I was super excited when B contacted me about doing something for over her cribs. She is having custom bedding made in blue and white and pink and white with green trim on both and her cribs have the short end against the wall to maximize space for little Max and Molly Kate. After a few design ideas, we settled on large 24x24" canvas with polka dots and a script style monogram.

I have been working on adding more shading and depth to my pictures, so you will notice that the dots and the scallop border have subtle shading on them. I think this really adds another dimension and steps it up a notch.

After I had started working on the monogram pictures, B decided she wanted another set of something to hang over her changing table. We stayed with the square theme and I designed this set of 2 12x12" with her twins in mind:


I added some patterned paper to this set to add more interest, since so much of the room is solid. I think the circle around the birds coordinates nicely with the dots in the other pictures.

I can't wait to see the room all put together, the fabric samples she sent me to paint with are beautiful and with so many custom elements in the room I am sure it's going to look fabulous!

No comments: