Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Real Life Room: Inspired By Me!

I just LOVE getting reader emails about how I inspired their design. I must admit, it is sometimes I challenge to keep up with my full time job, painting and blogging but its all worth it when I know someone was inspired to create their own space by something I posted. Here is a Real Life Room that I helped to inspire - thanks for sharing M!

The theme is aqua and orange. Love the mix of solid and stripe walls. Not doing the entire room in stripes makes it less overwhelming - good choice! Notice the logo mobile in the corner inspired by my DIY project.

The orange end table is from IKEA and the glider and floor cushions were homemade. Love the idea of floor cushions!


The shelves are another IKEA find and an paired with an Etsy wall decal they make a great storage/reading corner


Jazz up inexpensive furniture with custom painted drawer pulls to match the room


And finally, for coming and going, a personalize door hanging in the rooms signature aqua and orange


This style of room is one of my favorites - light and airy with a color scheme that is not too themey and pieces that looks put together but not too matchy-matchy. It doesn't look like it came directly out of a catalog or from a big box retailer and I love that. I think I am going to have to re-post my dream nursery design now so you get a better idea of what I am taking about.

No comments: