Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Discontinued Drama



This next project touches on a topic that is near and dear to my heart - but not in an emotional way. Let me first explain the way I like to shop. It starts when I get an idea in my head of what I want to wear or hang on my wall. Then, I hunt for it. I scour discount websites, eBay and Marshalls searching for the elusive item that I want. Often I find that it a) does not exist or, b) is available but VERY expensive. Oh, and I like to shop ALONE but that is besides the point.


When Elana contacted me about replicating a picture she wanted to hang in her nursery (see below from Restoration Hardware), I was happy to help out. Turns out, she had a vision of hanging 6 of this picture in her nursery and after receiving 1 from her order of 6 at RH it was discontinued. AHHHH! Her vision was crushed and I could totally sympathize.

Da da da da, me to the rescue! She sent me a PDF file with her vision and fabric samples and asked if I could help to make it come true. I was happy to help and I created this fabulous set of 6 12x12" pictures for her NYC pad.

We even got to tweak the colors of the original pictures to match her room better. I am so happy with the way they turned out I am thinking of a place I can hang something like this at my house!

I can't wait to see these pictures in her sophisticated pink and brown NYC nursery. My pictures are going really fun places that I have never been - I'm jealous!

No comments: