Monday, October 12, 2009

Shopping IS a Hobby. Promise.

The Husband has many hobbies. Fishing, golf, sports, hunting, the list goes on. One of the reasons I started this blog and my painting business (besides a little fun money) was to have something to do while he was off doing his hobbies. You see, I don't really have any hobbies. Or so he thinks.

When I am not working I enjoying hanging out with girl friends, drinking a little wine, and most of all, shopping. Sadly, this is not considered a hobby by most people - including The Husband. You see, when I have free time I enjoy doing things that don't take much effort. Walking around hitting a small ball with a stick in the hot sun while getting frustrated that I am not athletic is not my idea of a good time. We are members of a very nice country club where I could play golf if I wanted but I just don't want to. When I have a free Saturday (which is rare) I can think of nothing better than hitting up a few of my favorite shopping spots and checking out what they have to offer. I don't even necessarily need to buy anything.

You see, to me, shopping is another form of art. I literally love putting together outfits just like I would a painting. Color, texture, balance, it can all be found in fashion. You know what my favorite part of getting invited to a wedding is? Deciding what I am going to wear. Sure I am happy for the bride, can't wait to go see everyone, blah blah blah. But seriously I love planning my outfit, choosing the perfect shade of toe nail polish, doing my nails, giving myself a facial. I am relaxed just thinking about it.

So that ladies, is my rant about why shopping, fashion and personal grooming IS a hobby. Guys, they just don't understand. But they sure do appreciate that we do.

No comments: