Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HGTV Rate My Spaces

There is nothing better than a relaxing Saturday morning filled with gingerbread pancakes, coffee and a little HGTV. In my fantasy world where I have nothing going on, that is what I do. Relax and watch home decorating shows. In real life, I am lucky to get an episode in while folding laundry in the evening before I go to bed. My favorite shows are Color Splash (David's paintings are AMAZING), the new one with Genevieve and Rate My Space. I was on HGTV.com the other day checking out some of the posted rooms and I thought I would share some of my finding - and rate them for myself...Let's see if you guys agree!

First up, this pink and brown room. Simple and chic, I am totally digging the ceiling poms. For that, I give them a 4 out of 5. Would have liked to see some more interesting wall colors.


Next up, this gender neutral room with pops of bright color. More fun ceiling decor here (I am noticing a trend), plus a more interesting wall paint. I like how the stripe of the curtains matches the stripe paint around the room. I give them an A for effort but something is just not coming together for me. 3 out of 5.


Now, this one looks professionally done, so it is hard to compare to people that did the decor themselves but I am totally digging this beachy vibe. Soft and soothing but still fun with authentic touches like roman shades that looks like siding and an aquarium theme toy chest. 5 out of 5 for sure!



While I appreciate the effort with the ceiling decor, this one just kinda creeps me out. If you really like the hot air balloons, maybe scale it back to 1 or 2 over the changing table. 2 out of 5 on this one.



Here is another beach theme room. One thing I noticed was lots of pink and brown for girls and blue beachy rooms for boys. I like how this is not a huge space but they maximized it with corner storage. The blue with pops of orange is unexpected and fun. And the little shovels on the wall are super playful. Another 5 out of 5.


Lastly, I love this shabby chic room. Pink, black and tan are a little bit of an unexpected combination but it works. The chandelier is amazing and the wall treatment works well on the bottom half of the wall. Floor to ceiling would have been too much. And the soft pink walls are perfect, not too bright. 5 out of 5 on this one!

Have you guys every posting on Rate My Space? I don't think I could do it, I didn't realize that people really do tear your decorating apart and I think I would get my feelings hurt!

No comments: