Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Graphic Design from Cocalo Couture

After tons of monogram sets it was fun to get to do an entire name canvas set. The nursery for this project is done in Cocalo Couture's Harlow set - a bold mix of apple green, cream and black. And, since looks can sometimes be deceiving, I asked the parents to send me the window valance so I could match the exact shade of green. So here it is, ready for baby Zoey to come home to:




The center 2 letters feature a smaller fleur de leis pattern that is designed to mimic the look of the drapery panels in the room. The 2 outer canvases feature a big graphic floral that matches the pattern on the crib quilt.

For whatever reason I struggled to get started with this set. I made several shape templates to use but nothing seemed to work quite right. I took a break for a few days and came up with the final design.



In my head I was picturing them hung in a straight line but after arranging them on the floor for a picture, I think I like them with every other picture hanging a little bit higher.

I love bold graphic design in this one and I can't wait to see how it looks in the nursery!

No comments: