Monday, June 8, 2009

A Classic Jungle Story

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a soon-to-be-Mommy in Houston looking for some art in a particular shade of blue. She sent me a link to her bedding, but I was worried that I wouldn't match the colors correctly without a color swatch. She ended up mailing me a pillow, which was perfect. The fabric that looks white in the picture is actually a very light blue with a star pattern in it.


As for the paintings, she was pretty open to anything. She suggested sports or vehicles but the bedding was so old fashioned/classic that I wanted to go with sometime traditional. I came up with these 3 classic jungle designs:


I pulled the Tiffany blue, chocolate brown and light light blue out and matched the stripes, polka dots and stars found in the fabric. I have to say they look much better in person - sometimes it is so hard to capture the design in a photograph. Maybe I need a new camera - or some photography skills! My favorite is the elephants and luckily I am working on another elephant piece right now so I get to use the design again!

This set was done on (3) 16x20" canvases and was $75. They are designed to hang together, but could be split up into 2 together and 1 somewhere else. The design is classic and timeless and I hope they enjoy them for years to come!

2 comments:

T said...

LOVE IT!!!

Freedom In Creation said...

Greetings...

The Freedom In Creation Tour is a unique concert and art exhibition experience to benefit the work of Freedom In Creation in Northern Uganda. Visiting six cities from June 12 to June 18, our goal is to raise $10,000 for Freedom In Creation's weekly art sessions and fresh water well projects in the Koro Abili IDP camp community.