Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sensational Site Sunday - Give your blog a makeover!

Spring is the time for starting fresh, and that means sprucing up the blog! Starting this week you are going to see a whole new design for my blog! I am having it professionally made over and I am so excited to see the results. But before the old design goes away, I wanted to share with you some of the tips and tricks I've used to create it so far. Hopefully they will inspire you to update yours!
  • Blogspot.com - I used Blogspot to create the blog domain name. If what you want is available, you just pick it and they add .blogspot.com onto the end and you are good to go! It is super easy, fast and free. They have a couple of basic layouts and color schemes to choose from but if you want to dress it up, I have some other suggestions
  • Cutest Blog on the Block - great place for backgrounds. I choose this polka dot pattern off the site, but there are tons to choose from. You just pick your design and they provide easy instructions for attaching a string of HTML code to make the design come to life. If you are really brave, check out the secret tips for doing even more customization.
  • Scrapblog - this site is where I go to create the custom headers with pictures I put at the top of the blog. Just download their free software and you can use existing templates or start one from scratch. You can also use this site to create digital scrapbook pages that you can share with friends and family.
  • Picasa Picture Albums - this is what I used to create the slideshow of my work on the side of the blog. You just add your pictures to the album and add a gadget under your layout. Then you use that gadget to link your album. I found Picasa to be the most user friendly slide show option available.
  • If all this sounds like a little too much, there are plenty of WAHM businesses that can help you style your blog for very little $. Check out Shabby Creations where you can get a sweet vintage-inspired design for only $10.
Hope this inspires you to create your own blog, or dress up the one you already have! Because whether you are blogging about the kids for family across the country to see or sharing your favorite fashion tips with readers all over it is always fun to make your blog look the best it can be!

No comments: