Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sensational Site Sunday - etsy.com

So many of you have emailed me to suggest I sell some of my paintings on etsy.com. For those of you that don't know, etsy.com is an online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade. Their mission is to enable people to make a living making and selling all things handmade. Their vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice - to buy, sell and live handmade. Basically it is like a huge, global craft bazaar. You can find things for baby, your hom,e your dog, whatever! I know quite a few stay at home moms that sell handmade items on etsy and it is a great place to find a unique gift.

Although I don't expect to make a living doing my work, its still fun and etsy is a great place to get my name out there. Since most of my work is custom I didn't have a whole lot to list, but etsy shoppers can contact you for custom items so hopefully it works! So, check out my etsy store, Custom Nursery Art.

Just to give you an idea of what's available, check out these adorable handmade bargains:

Happily Ever After Creations - Adorable tutu's for babies and toddlers at great prices

Special Occasion Design - Affordable, designer guest/sign in books for your wedding

Baby Momo - Handmade burp cloths, at around $7 each they make a great shower gift

Aunt Jessie Apron - What a great bridal shower or hostess gift! Vintage inspired aprons perfect for any stylish cook!
So, next time you need a unique gift or something special for your home, be sure to check out etsy.com. You can feel good about buying handmade and supporting those WAHM - Work at home Moms - out there!

No comments: