Thursday, February 20, 2014

So I'm Trying Shakeology

The Husband loves at the Beach Body videos, and wanted to order P90X3, so we got the deal with the DVDs and a bag of Shakeology (deal has since expired).  I joked that he was going to work out and I was going to drink myself skinny.  A couple people have asked me about it, so I thought some of you may be interested in a review.

I tried both the vanilla and chocolate flavors, but it is cheaper to buy a whole bag of one flavor as opposed to a mixed vanilla/chocolate set in individual serving packets.  I have been having it in the morning on my way to work, and after some experimentation, found that I like it like this:

-4 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-8 oz cold water
-1 scoop of Shakeology
-2 ice cubes

I mix it in my blender bottle (that has a handy little spiral ball that helps mix it and break up any clumps)

I've tried it various ways, more almond milk, once with room temperate water b/c that was all I had, and no ice.  The above is by far the best combo in my opinion.  I am pressed for time/lazy in the mornings so I don't use the blender.  If I have it on the weekend I do the same as the above, but with a few more ice cubs, a handful of frozen bananas and strawberries, and blended in the blender.

My MIL asked me if I was doing it to loose weight, and the answer is no.  I am doing it 3-4 times during the week for breakfast, but it has the same amount of calories as my usual frozen waffle or piece of toast with PB, so it is more of an easy substitution with more vitamins and added nutrients.  And I do have it for lunch on the weekends sometimes if I know we are going to be eating something like a big steak dinner or Mexican food.  It makes me feel like less of a fatty fat :)

In reading the testimonials other people experienced weight loss, increased energy, and loss of junk food cravings.  I have not lost any weight, never really had an energy problem so still feel the same, and I still crave sweets.  I eat pretty healthy, but crave a bite of cookie or chocolate everyday.  That is something I am really trying to be cognisent of, and will be saying no to extra sweets.  That means you, Girl Scout cookies lying around the office!!

So, will I keep drinking the Shakeology?  Probably, yes.  I cancelled the auto-delivery system since I don't drink it everyday, but I will continue to have it 3-4 times a week for the nutritional benefits.

If you are interested in trying out a sample pack or placing an order, my friend Shana is a Beach Body rep and she would be happy to help you or answer any questions you may have.  You can contact her at Shanagordy (at) yahoo (dot) com




No comments: