Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January Lunches

I have started asking H what she wants in her lunch and she sometimes tell me something very specific, which is funny.  So I pack that for her.  Or, if she asks for something for dinner, but I had other plans, I will suggest what she wanted for her lunch the next day instead, and she usually agrees to that.

Do you guys still even care what I am packing for lunch?  The Husband thinks its so bizarre that I take a picture of her lunch after I make it.

leftover pizza + extra turkey pepperoni + sweet potato chips and snap peas + raspberries

Dole peaches + greek yogurt + chicken quesadillas + fruit snacks (which surprisingly came home in her lunch box)

tortellini + chicken + trail mix + grapes and raspberries

banana oat cookies + applesauce + turkey sausage + crackers + cheese stick

yogurt + grapes and blueberries + brisket + sweet potato chips + banana oat cookie

pizza + pretzels and hummus + blueberries

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A couple of you mentioned liking it when I talk about what I eat.  I am currently having a bit of a weight struggle and have a couple extra (2) lbs I can not get to go away.  I don't know if it is aging or what?  I know, #skinnygirlproblems.

I have typically been able to maintain my weight with healthy weekday eating and very little exercise.  But that seems to be changing.  I have been eating super healthy and pretty clean during the week for the past 3 weeks and have not seen any results.  So I am frustrated.  

This is what I made for myself this week:

lean lemon pepper ground turkey + black bean and sweet potato casserole.  The casserole is really easy, just 1 large sweet potato (baked), one can black beans (drained), 1/2 cup salsa, 1 tsp cumin and 1 egg.  Mix it all together and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.  The Husband even liked it and approved it for a week night side dish, so I will defiantly make it again.

No comments: