Thursday, October 17, 2013

1 for 2 on the birthday gifts


H's birthday was Tuesday, we celebrated Monday night, Tuesday night, and Saturday we are having a party.  She is going to think her birthday is a week long affair.  I put a "no gifts please" message on her invitation, but with grandparents, aunts, uncles and great grandparents, she will get plenty of gifts.  We only got her 2 things this year, a larger plastic playscape for the backyard (she had outgrown the first little tikes one) and some baby Uggs.  I had been lusting after some Uggs for her, and scored some at my favorite consignment store that has never been worn, tags attached.  When she opened them Tuesday night, I could not wait to put them on her.  I had visions of cute legging outfits all winter long.

But now I know why they were in the store and were never worn.  SHE HATES THEM.  She practically refused to try them on.  I wore mine all around the house in an attempt to work the "be like Mommy" angle and it totally didn't work.  She let me put them on the next day, but immediately took them off and asked for flip flops.  It was 55 degrees and raining outside.

I'm going to try again in a few weeks, maybe when its cold or she sees other kids wearing them she will want to try them again.  And now I have to come up with something else for her to wear at her birthday party.  Because the purple striped dress/Uggs combo ain't gonna happen.  Grrrrrr.

Any suggestions on how to get her to wear them are welcome!!!!

1 comment:

Jason and Jenny said...

Drew has shoes he refuses to wear too. So I'm no help!