Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Seven Years



This weekend The Husband and I took H to Houston to stay with his parent while we celebrated our anniversary.  We stayed at Hotel Zaza, relaxed by the pool, lounged around, and ate some tasty food.  All without me getting up to get someone more milk, or a different spoon, or to blow on their food.
 
We have been married for 7 years, and together for 10.5.  Sometimes I think about how crazy it was that we met when we were both 21, and both had the good sense enough to take our relationship seriously.  I mean, we were practically kids.

I know he doesn't really read my blog, and neither of us is sentimental, but here is what I have to say about celebrating 7 of the best years of my life:

They say marriage is tough, but with you it is genuinely easy

Coming home to you and H is the best part of my day.  I love our family of 3.

Thank you for letting me do what fulfills me, and not trying to fit me into the mold of stay at home Mom

Thank you for putting away your own socks, you know how I hate to match them up

You are such an amazing husband and father.  I can only hope that H finds someone just like you to marry one day

Thank you for putting up with my cray-cray and mostly always letting me choose the restaurant

I love it when you wear seersucker, and loafers without socks

I love that we don't need fancy vacations to relax and get away.  Spending simple time together is better than any Mexico vacation.  Well, mostly.  And only because people get shot in Mexico.

L O V E     Y O U

No comments: