Monday, July 29, 2013

First Day + Sunday Prep


english muffin pizza w turkey peperoni + raisins + strawberries and grapes + dried snap pea pods

Today is H's first day at her new school.  This school does not provide lunch, so I am going to start packing hers nightly.  After extensive research, I settled on these Ziplock lunch containers.  I'll let you know how I like them after a week.

I also dressed up her lunch with some fun bento cups and picks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday is prep day at our house, and during nap time I usually make some healthy snacks and meals for her/us for the week.  This Sunday I made:

Kale chips in the oven
Apple muffins (from a mix) with sweet potato & zucchini mixed in
Cheese tortellini

She has already eaten the broccoli bites, the apple muffins and a few kale chips.  All of those were new recipes for me to try, so I am excited they were a hit!

1 comment:

Lindsay N. Strickland said...

Thanks for posting! I like coming up with fresh new items for Jonah to eat at lunch! I enjoyed seeing what you made her :)