Thursday, July 19, 2012

First Fiest Fun

Oh the 1st birthday craziness that Pinterest has ignited.  All I can say is that I am grateful that there was no Pinterest when I got married, b/c it would have made things too overwhelming.

I started thinking about H's 1st birthday about 2 months ago (yes, I am crazy).  Then the other day we sat down to make a potential guest list, and it was painfully obvious that more than half of our friends and family live 3+ hours away.  Combine that with the fact that we didn't want people to bring presents, and H doesn't really like stranger adults and we decided to skip the big First Fiesta celebration I was envisioning and go with a family only party.

So I thought I would share the idea I had with you guys, in case anyone wants to steal my theme.  Go ahead, I won't be mad!

Invitations from etsy, only $15 and you can print them like photos for cheap at Sam's:


Source: etsy.com via Kimberly on Pinterest

 
Birthday girl outfit (already bought this one, but she can wear it with leggings for Fall)

 
Source: etsy.com via Roon on Pinterest


Paper banner swag via Amazon


A paint your own maracas station for this kids, plain wood maracas available on Amazon:


 

 
Sangria station for the adults:


 
Vintage high chair with low sugar smash cake, complete with bunting:

 

There you have it, my birthday Fiesta party that won't be happening!

No comments: