Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tired

Sorry for the lack of blogging this week.  I had a ton of posts I did a month ago, and the last of them went up earlier in the week.  So now I have a bunch of topics started, but nothing written.  And no time to actually write them.

I am tired this week.  I think being a working Mom had got to be one of the hardest jobs out there.  When I get home at night I want to give H 100% of my attention.  And when she goes to bed, that is when I get to do all the stuff around the house that needs to be done.  Laundry, bottle washing, bill paying, Pinteresting.  Its making me one tired Mommy.

Sometimes I get overwhelmed with my to-do list.  And I am always making lists.  Dry cleaners, Father's Day present, returns.  My parents are coming for the weekend and we are going to work on some projects around the house.  But I can't seem to find the time to get all the supplies we are going to need to get them done.

I feel like I am doing a pretty freakin good job of balancing work and baby time, but this week I am just exhausted.  And I am frustrated with myself and my inability to keep my house picked up.  I mean really, I have a pile of T shirts I cleaned out in the middle of the floor of out master bedroom.  And instead of picking them up, I stumble over them in the middle of the night in the dark.  Why can't I be better at just picking up things after I use them?  I blame my mother, we never really had to do chores at my house, she was always cleaning up after us.

And I have a party to go to on Saturday night, but with nothing to wear.  We so rarely get time to ourselves, and I want to look cute, like "hey Kim looks good for just having a baby" but I don't feel like I have anything in my closet that says that.  I am back to my pre-baby weight, but I feel like everything I own is too big and not very flattering.  And I had to get new bras in a smaller size.  Aweseome.  I guess I should have realized that when I could wear all my same clothes at 20 weeks pregnant that they were probably too big in the first place.

Ok, Ill stop my pity party now.  See, not everyone is perfect.

PS - on a brighter note, I swear H has done her baby sign language sign for more 2 days in a row now.......

2 comments:

Jessie said...

You need to vent, it's healthy! I am sure you are doing an awesome job. You'll get to the t-shirts sooner or later. lol Just remember to breath. Congrats on being back to your pre-baby weight! That's awesome.

Jocelyn said...

You are a rock star mom and an amazing friend! Don't be so hard on yourself...you're doing a great job. And, don't worry about your house being picked up...it'll get done eventually and that's just fine. Get some rest this weekend while your parents are visiting.