Monday, May 14, 2012

Monthly Onesie Clothesline


The monthly onesies are nothing new, but I did have a couple people ask me where I got them when I used them at the shower I hosted a few weeks ago.  For those of you not in the know, they are actually stickers that stick to plain white onesies.  There are a ton of options out there, these are from Picky Sticky, but there are also tons of options on etsy.  Just search "monthly stickers" and a ton of options will come up.

To make an entire set, you need 12 onesies in different sizes.  Since it is kind of hard to find them in singles, I bought larger packs, and I plan on using the extras for future sets.  So if only need one set, it may not be economical.  Here is how my set broke down:

1 - newborn size
2,3 - 3 months size
4,5,6 - 6 months size
7,8,9 - 9 months size
10,11,12 - 12 months size

I did long sleeves for the winter months, but you would be fine if you got all short sleeve (except for the newborn, which is almost always long sleeve).  Just wash them all in a baby-safe soap first (I use All Free & Clear) and then stick them on.

To make it even more cute, I Mod Podged some clothes pins in the baby's room colors to hang from my clothes line.  And I hung the line using Command removable hooks so I would not mess up the hostess' house.

If you want to give them as a gift, you could aways box up one onesie of each size, with the set of stickers, and the Mom can put them together each month.  That would be less expensive, and still cute!

No comments: