Friday, March 16, 2012

Preppy Nursery Ideas

I'm not going to lie, I am just a little bit preppy.  I love monograms, shorts with small animal embroidery, seersucker and pastels.  Now that my Aggies are part of the SEC, I am ready for football season and a bunch of boys dressed as frat-tastic as possible.

If you are from the South, or even maybe the East coast, you too probably appreciate all things preppy.  And the next natural step after marriage and monogrammed hand towels is a preppy little nursery!  Here are some of my preppy nursery must haves:

Stripes
So many nurseries with stripes are done in a more modern way, but this twin boys room feels very preppy and collegiate.  The flag banner adds a sporty touch, and the initial wall art is another preppy must.

image from Project Nursery

Monograms and Initials
You have a monogram coozie, so its natural that your baby would have a monogram in his or her room as well!  This little boys room features blue, tan and white, a popular color scheme for future Southern gentleman.

image from here

Love this preppy striped artwork in a simple white frame.  The stripes remind me of a ribbon belt.

art from here

Pink, Green and Polka Dots
Lily anyone?  Pink and green were my sorority colors, and they have made a come back in recent years as a design scheme.  I love the sweet scalloped drapes and polka dot headboard in this room.  

image from here

Argyle
Nothing says future country club member like a little argyle.  I like how this room is gender neutral, and combines a crib and glider with cleans lines with the classic argyle pattern.

image from here

1 comment:

Lindsay N. Strickland said...

I love hopping over to your blog and seeing "my Aggies". It makes me smile. I'm surrounded by CRAZY 'bama fans here in Birmingham.

Annnd, I heart preppy. :)