Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pinterest Dinners Tested

Before baby, I was not a meal planner.  We had plenty of time in the evenings to cook, and we kept a well stocked assortment of things so we just kind of made what we felt like that night.  Nothing fancy, but I always had stuff to make spaghetti, pork chops, hamburgers, etc.
Now that we are a little more busy, I try to make something on Sundays that can be eaten as left overs on Monday/Tuesday.  I also try to have at least one specific meal planned for the week, which we can also eat left over again.
Thanks to Pinterest, I have been testing out some new, easy and somewhat healthy recipes.  Here are the ones we have tried, and what we thought of them:

to check out the recipe for yourself, click on the website listed as the source under each picture



Crock pot chicken and dumplings
Made these almost exactly as the recipe said.  Added a bag of frozen mixed veggies to get in some more veggies.  Pretty much tasted like the inside of a chicken pot pie.  I loved it and will definitely make it again.



Lasagna roll ups
These were super easy to make, much easier than lasagna.  Doubled the spinach and did not add any extra cheese on top.  Made 2 batches, one to eat that night and one to freeze.  Make sure to have some extra sauce on hand to pour over the top of each serving.


Dr. Pepper shredded pork
This one was really tasty, but pretty spicy so watch out!  Once it was cooked we strained the sauce and removed the pepper chunks.  Served on corn tortillas with avocado.  The meat makes great left over tacos and nachos.



WW Bubble up enchiladas
When I was making this The Husband said it looked like Mexican cat food.  And he was kind of right.  I used turkey instead of beef, but I felt like this one had too much bread and not enough meat and other stuff.  Probably wouldn't make this again.  Or if I did, I would only use half the biscuits.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Aahh - Mexican Cat Food is my fave.