Saturday, February 18, 2012

4 Months

Weight:
12 lbs 15.5 oz at her 4 month check up.  That is the 45% for weight, and she is in the 65% for height.  She obviously does not take after me!
Sleeping:
Still all night, from about 8 to 6:00 in the morning when we have to wake you up for school.  Still takes a nap in between every feeding.  And on weekends, you sleep till 7:30 or 8 so that makes Mommy really happy!

Eating:
5 times a day she is eating about 5 oz of formula.  I wake her up early in the morning so I can feed her her first bottle and we can spend some time together before I drop her off at school.  At night she drinks about 2 oz while swaddled as she drifts off to sleep.

Likes:
She really likes sitting up (assisted) and looking around.  She is not as happy on her back for as long as she used to be.  And we are starting to put her in the exersaucer, which she likes for a little bit at a time.  


She is really into her Daddy at the moment, and she thinks he is very funny.  She also loves her teacher at school.  Basically she thinks everyone is more fun than me.

Dislikes:
Not much at the moment, which is great.  She is one happy baby!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

How is Mommy doing?

The transition going back to work has been very smooth.  I enjoy my job and the people I work with, so it is working out well.  Once a month I do book club after work, and it is nice to hang out with the girls, but once a month is really all I do.  Its hard to do something after work, because she is sleeping when I get home and I really miss her.


I am doing yoga or pilates at least once a week, and I try to do Zumba on Monday nights at our neighborhood center.  I also try to take a walk with H whenever I get home if it is light enough and warm enough outside.  It has been pretty rainy or cold here lately on the weekends so that is limiting our outside time.  I still have 4 lbs left to lose.  While this may not seem like a lot to some people, when you are short it means a whole different pant size than I usually wear.  And my collection of pencil skirts just doesn't fit like it used to.  That part is pretty frustrating.  I never really had to do much besides eat fairly well before, and I always stayed slim.  But these pounds are going to take some work to get rid of and I just can't seem to find the time.  I know it has only been 4 months but I am getting impatient!


One thing I will mention is that I freakin' love my cleaning lady.  With time being so scarce these days, cleaning lady day is like the best day of the month.  I can't say it enough - if you are busy, find room in your budget to get a cleaning lady.  Even once a month works.  I am so happy when I come home after she has been here, and I get to spend my precious weekend time with H and The Husband.

Overall, things are going pretty well and as long as I stay organized and on top of things, the household is running pretty smoothly!

Everyday she acts more and more like her Daddy.  Here she is pulling off her hair bow.  If she is a tom boy, I don't know what I will do!  Ha!

No comments: