Wednesday, November 30, 2011

6 Week Progress

Remember how I was feeling like I would never be able to leave the house with her and have it all together?  Well, that feeling has passed and Baby H and I do all kinds of things now, hooray!  We took a 5 day trip to 2 different places for Thanksgiving and it was great.  She is such a happy baby and so easy to travel with.

I don't want to jinx it, but she has also slept through the night for 5 days in a row.  She goes to bed between 9 and 10, and sleeps till about 6 or 6:30 each morning.  The first time it happened, I woke up and realized what time it was and that I hadn't been up in the night.  It was great!  It started when we were out of town, we only took the Nap Nanny with us for her, and at night we swaddle her so she had to sleep in the Nap Nanny swaddled.  It must be super comfy and it worked great!  Next step - move her to her crib in her own room and establish a bed time routine.



We also got out her playmat for the first time on Sunday night.  I have been feeling like I wasn't doing enough activity with her and she really liked following a stuffed animal we were playing with over the weekend, so I thought she might like the toys on her playmat bars.  Boy was it a hit!  She looked around, moved her arms and legs and occasionally hit some of the toys on accident, much to her delight.  She played so hard that after about 15 minutes she was quiet and I looked over and she was passed out cold on the mat asleep!

So new mommies or mommies to be - remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel and it only takes about 6 weeks to get there!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

That's great news! I am glad things are a bit easier for you! :) She is so cute!!!

Ashley said...

So Adorable! I love ready your updates especially since our little ones are only a few days apart!