Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vintage Window Monogram


I thought I would share a project I completed with my last vintage window - a pink and gray monogram for a nursery.  I bought this window because the pale aqua color was so pretty I just couldn't pass it up.  It went perfectly with this gray, aqua and pink nursery so I turned it into monogram art for a friend.  This was my first time to paint on a window in a color besides black and even though I had to put 5 coats on, I love the way it turned out.  Here are some shots of the rest of the room:

Love the horizontal wall stripes.  The gray color is Martha Steward Dolphin, which looks much lighter on the card than it does once you get it up on the wall.


The tin birds were ordered from etsy.com, and painted Disney Princess Pink.  The chevron crib bumper is also from etsy.com.  The mobile was made by mom from an old crib mobile which she re-purposed.


Love the idea of hanging a mobile over the changing table  to keep baby entertained.  And the pink Pottery Barn Kids refigorator is perfect for storing bottles, water and snacks!


Love this color combo, thanks for sharing your pics M!

No comments: