Thursday, January 13, 2011

Frugal Find: Baby Mod from Wal-Mart

I was recently browsing the web and came across a picture of an adorable nursery with my dream crib in it. The nursery looked really high end so I assumed it was expensive. Just so I would know, I emailed the Mom to ask and guess what - it was from Wal-Mart!

After doing some research, I found that the Baby Mod line for Wal-Mart is made especially for them by Million Dollar Baby, who also makes Da Vinci brand furniture. When I was a baby products buyer, MDB was one of my favorite finds for a quality, value-priced product. They have a ton of different designs and finishes, and you can mix and match between the different lines to get the look and pieces you want.

Plus, Wal-Mart offers free site-to-store shipping, and their prices are always low. Here are 2 of my favorite selections:


Can you say Oeuf? This modern design looks like the original, but at almost 1/3 the price!

The Olivia Crib, retails for $299

My favorite is this one - it combines a traditional design with the espresso and white colors I love. So many other espresso and white cribs have a modern design, and I am more of a traditionalist. Plus, this one can go with the short side against the wall to save space.



The Roxanne Crib, retails for $249

The Baby Mod lines gets really good reviews on Wal-Mart.com, so that is a bonus. Great styling at a great price!

4 comments:

Rachel and Jeremy said...

My husband and I purchased the Baby Mod Cadence crib (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Mod-4in1-Crib-Espresso/10756405) for our baby. She was born in December but so far we love the crib. Plus I love the added bonus of it being "green".

Blogging with the Bryan's said...

Thank so much for posting this. We were about to order the Baby Modo from BabiesRUs that is over $100 more than the one from Walmart (Olivia) and looks identical just a little different in the wood color. We are ordering Oliva Crib tonight! Woohoo you made my day.

Emily said...

We have the Baby Mod Cadence crib too! I love these two though that you picked out. I think that the crib that the Young House Love blog couple got was the top one. Fabulous!!!

Ann said...

Kim - Look what my friend did with the Olivia crib. She painted the bottom part to go with the rest of the room. http://heatherandmike.wordpress.com/2010/06/