Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Easy Eclair Pie

I am a busy girl, so my cooking is usually of the semi-home made variety. I love making (and eating!) desserts but I never have the time to do it from scratch. I usually bust out a pre-made muffin mix and add a few extras to create a unique treat.

Once of my favorite easy-to-make desserts is Chocolate Eclair Pie. I make it for my co-w0rkers all the time and they all love it!

Ingredients:
-1 box graham crackers
-(2) 3oz packages of instant vanilla pudding mix (I changed this to 1 vanilla, one banana to create a banana treat for The Husband!)
-3 cups milk
-(1) 8oz container of whipped topping, thawed
-(1) 16oz package of prepared chocolate frosting

Directions:
Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with graham crackers. In large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk, stir well. Stir in whipped topping (I use an electric beater to make is smooth). Spread half of mixture over graham crackers. Add another layer of crackers and the remaining pudding. Top with a last layer of crackers and frost with chocolate frosting. Refrigerate to set before serving.

Mix it up:
Like I said, I subbed a box of banana pudding mix and even added sliced bananas to make mine a little different. This recipe is really flexible, and if you have a larger group to serve, buy the larger pudding boxes and the jumbo size whipped topping to make more! Have fun with it!

No comments: