Thursday, October 14, 2010

A new 3 animal design

A while back I was contacted about creating letters for a nursery. Name letters are super popular and I often get asked to do them, but I don't. I have a limited amount of time and hunting down different letters in different fonts is just too much for me. Plus, I did a set once, I and I didn't like the way they turned out. They are just not my strong suit.

Instead I directed the reader to this post I did about name letters and look at what she made herself! So pretty! See, now I know you can do it!


After she completed her letters, she still wanted some artwork and requested the 3 animal set. I love coming up with variations on my 3 canvas animal series. The is the first one that incorporates a tree in the center, and I really like how it turned out. I used paper to match her name letters so it would all coordinate.

In addition to the 3, I also painted a small 12x12 for a shelf with a hippo. This was my first hippo and I think he is super cute!

2 comments:

Ivana said...

They are georgeos Kimberley. I must say, I love the hippo, it's so cute!

Ann said...

Love Love the Hippo!