Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blogging for Bucks

Hi readers. I want to take a second to let you know something and get your thoughts and feedback. Those of you that blog know how much time it can take. Since I post on this blog every weekday, I would say I spend an average of 4 hours per week gathering post ideas, editing pictures and creating content. Combined with the 6 hours a week or so that I paint and the 60 hours I spend working and commuting to my real job that = lots of time.

In an effort to achieve a better work/life balance and be less of a "hot mess" as The Husband said last week I added a few shopping advertisements to the left side of my blog. What that means is if you click on something you see and go to the website via my blog, I get a little bit of $. And by little bit I really mean little bit. Like 5 cents last week. I am hoping that the clicks slowly increase and I can earn a little bit of extra money from the ads. After all, I am highly motivated by having a little extra spending money.

Also, when I write posts I often link to the website where you can find some of the products I feature. These links may now go through some of the shopping engines, and if you click on them I get a little payout.

These ads will in no way change what I blog about or share with you guys. Its just a way for me to make a little extra $. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know!

Thanks!

No comments: