Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Little Inspiration

Having trouble deciding where to start in your nursery? Sometimes ideas just come to me, other times it takes me a bit to get my creative wheels turning. Here are some of the ways and places I get inspired:

The Paint Department - I could look at colors for hours. Paint samples are a good way to get ideas and mix and match colors to get your perfect combo. Pick colors you like and start mixing and matching. Take your favorites home and think about it a bit........this will be a room you spend quite a bit of time in so you want it to be interesting but not so loud that you jump back when you enter the room.

These paint chips below have accent colors already selected - no decisions to make!


A Scrapbook Store - I recently went into a specialty scrapbook store looking for a specific roller tool. I ended up spending an hour wondering the aisles looking at paper. There are so many cute designs these days! Pick some papers in patterns that you like and take them home, they can be a great starting place for nursery ideas.

I love these simple animals:


and this shape:



The Craft Store - I am working on a nautical canvas right now with a request to use paper, fabric and other materials for a "mixed media" look. I gathered some fabric, scrapbook paper samples and buttons to use on the picture. Look how all those patterns work together!


Think outside the box, you don't have to start by picking furniture or bedding. Build your color and pattern inspiration file and go from there!

No comments: