Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sorry, I'm Stressed!

Sorry there haven't been many posts this week, I have been quite busy and things just don't seem to be going my way! I am happy that my painting business is growing (I still think its crazy that I get paid to do something I love!) but it is getting hard to keep up!

In addition to working full-time with a 2 hour round trip commute each day I make an attempt to clean my house, keep the hubby happy, maintain a tan and freshly-dyed hair and in my spare time, blog, respond to emails and paint.

We are having a big Kentucky Derby party this weekend I have been trying to get ready for but one thing after another keeps taking up my time. The Husband and I are currently in a battle with our home builder over some issues with.....our foundation. Exactly what you don't want to be happening to your house that is less than 3 years old. So that has been REALLY stressful. Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to get all the party food and supplies (and was AMAZED at how cheap it was!) and planned on prepping for the party and my house guests the rest of the week.

Then I got a call from my cleaning person saying she couldn't come on Friday, the day my guests are arriving. Now I know its silly to complain about this but it REALLY messed up my schedule as there is at least 4 hours of DEEP cleaning (think mopping and scrubbing baseboards) that I did not plan on doing. I know a cleaning person is a luxury but I work very hard and long hours and it is the one thing I treat myself with. So I guess I will stay up tonight and take care of that, too.

I just really had to vent.....I am a total perfectionist and I know I put all the stress of having a perfect house for my party on myself but its hard. And hopefully the house will be clean and people will be drinking enough mint juleps that they won't notice the cracks in my floor and the ceiling coming apart in the kitchen from our foundation.......

So if you are feeling a little out of control, just know you are not the only one!

And for all of you waiting on drawings/ideas from me - they are coming early next week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! I totally feel your stress. Dave turns 30 with a surprise party this weekend and I'm hosting a baby shower next weekend for about 40 people....and last weekend was the first weekend I had been at home in about 6 weeks...think lots of work in flower beds, deep cleaning and attempts to plan something my husband knows nothing about!

Have so much fun at your party! It will be great, everyone will think your house is gorgeous and your mint juleps are the best!

Emily said...

Hang in there girl!!!