Friday, April 2, 2010

Lamp Shade Makeover

When we first moved into our house I made a few hasty decorating purchases that I now regret. One was the lamp in our entry way - it was boring and with a boring shade. At the time I probably thought it was great but not so much anymore.

Enter some trim I saw while wondering the aisles of HL. I bought a yard and a half for less than $5 and added it to the shade. The colors are gold, rust and green, perfect for our entry way. I forgot to take a before shot but here is the after:


Much better - it looks much more "decorator" now. I glued it on with tacky glue and held it in place with clothes pins while it dried.

As for the entry table, the tin mirror is from Kirkland's, the rust canisters from Hobby Lobby and the frames were a gift from Aaron Brothers. And the reflection in the mirror? Iron wall hangings I got in clearance at Pier 1. After I hung them I saw them on a decorating show and I was super proud of my purchase! Ha!

No comments: