Monday, April 26, 2010

The Gift of Spring

Who are the violets now That strew the green lap of the new-come spring?
- William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of King Richard the Second (Duchess of York at V, ii)
That quote is the inspiration for this piece that was given as a gift. Mom wanted something with the quote that symbolized little Violet being the start of a new spring for her and her family. I created a little meadow scene and incorporated purple violets along with pink flowers and orange birds to coordinate with the bedding.


Thanks to my handy paint pens, writing is getting easier and I have a few more like it coming up.
On a personal note, I am getting ready for the big Derby party this weekend so I am super busy (as I have yet to make any decorations or finish the menu) so posting might be scarce again this week!

1 comment:

Katie McQueen said...

Hi Kimberly,
I just wanted to say that my sister loved this gift! She was so excited and very pleased with your work. Thanks for being so easy to work with!
--Katie McQueen