Friday, February 5, 2010

My Work: Preppy Monogram

This next picture was the result of a gift certificate I sold last year. The baby's gender was a surprise so Mom decided to wait until it was born to order her art. Here is a shot of the room - white and sage green were the colors until they had the baby. Then they decided to add in some blue for the little boy.

love that shaggy rug!
The baby's name and room style were pretty preppy, so I went with a classic stripe design and monogram. He is also "the 4th" so I added a subtle roman numeral 4 in the background. That part was hard to explain but I think it turned out great!


2 comments:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I love it! My favorite part is the IV in the background. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.